Thinking about ways to improve your payroll processes? In this post we have uncovered some ‘hidden gems’, features within CenterPoint Payroll Software that you may not currently be using, but that can help you and your business. These are features that our customers and the Red Wing Software support team have described as valuable, yet you may not be aware they are available. They are actually not at all hidden, but readily available within the program for you to use!
- Reminders Set up reminders in CenterPoint Payroll to help keep you organized and on time! Set up a reminder to pay your taxes when they are due, change the status of an employee’s benefits after a certain time period, and much more.
- Electronic Publish Pay Advice The publish pay advice function provides a secure Web site where employees who receive pay via direct deposit can view an electronic version of their pay check. Employees can quickly access their current and previous pay advice information from any computer that has a connection to the Web. Employers save time, reduce paper waste and decrease the costs associated with mailing pay checks and direct deposit pay advices. (The Publish Pay Advice module is available for purchase as an additional option for CenterPoint Payroll.)
- Customizable Transaction Entry Make transaction entry much easier by only stopping on fields where you enter data often. CenterPoint also allows you to add, remove and sort columns on the transaction entry screen for quicker and easier entry.
- Customizable reports You have the ability to pull out the information you need, whether requested by auditors, management, or others. CenterPoint Payroll makes it easy with the ability to modify reports, or even create a custom report from scratch. No need to be a programmer; the custom report tools are built for all users!
- Time Import If you are storing your time information in one place, and re-entering that data into CenterPoint Payroll, you may want to check out the Time Import function. You can map out exactly which fields of information you want to import, save it as a custom import for just your needs, and then use it every time you want to import pay information. This is a huge time saver! (The Time Import feature is available for purchase as an additional option for CenterPoint Payroll.)
Wondering how to get started using these hidden gems? Call today and we will be happy to help you! 800-732-9464.