What's New in CenterPoint Accounting
*Incremental version that is available on demand. Call Red Wing Software Technical Support to request this update.
Version 14.12*General Accounting
Transaction Reports > Banking > Bank Register - Removed the Beginning Balance label from the Notation column.
Setup > Accounts > Accounts
- When creating a new or editing a Line of Credit account, the Interest Rate will now round to four decimal places.
- When a Schedule of Payments is calculated and saved for an account in the Long Term Loans account category, it will now be saved.
- Detail > Positive Pay Details - If the Active check box is selected prior to a CenterPoint update, it will remain selected after CenterPoint is updated.
Added a new Dashboard that allows you to view performance and financial information upon CenterPoint startup or with the new Reporting Tools > Dashboard menu. The Dashboard provides a quick overview of your business and allows you to access the report that generated the information. The default Dashboard can be customized for your specific needs.
- When a screen is opened, the scroll bar position will now always appear at the top of the list.
- Product Information tab - The Registered Name value will now display the company name CenterPoint is registered to.
- Server Information tab - Changed the Size column name to Database Size, increased the width of the Database Size Limit and Recovery Model columns, and added a new Size On Disk column which displays the total of the MDF (master data file/database file) and LDF files (log database file).
Online Support Services > Check for CenterPoint Updates - Changed the Online Updates screen to display the Last Update Check at the top of the screen and removed the Major/Minor version and What's New selections. The screen will now list all of the available updates.
- CenterPoint Help - Moved all help to online help to decrease the download size and potentially increase the speed of online updates. Offline help is still available with a custom installation.
- Preferences > General > Online Update Settings - Added a View Updates Folder that allows you to view the files and how much space is being taken by previously downloaded installation files. After viewing the files, you can optionally remove the previously downloaded files.
- Backup Database - Added a Warn Me section that allows you to determine if you want to be warned when the Save To backup location you are storing backups to exceeds a specified number of files or amount of space, and then specify the conditions about when you want to be warned.
- Sales > Calculate Finance Charges - Added the ability to remove the last posted finance charge and recalculate finance charges.
- Names, Customers, and Vendors
Filter tab - Added a Last Activity Date filter selection. When the filter is applied, the List tab will display any name where the Last Transaction Date is less than the Last Activity Date specified in the Current Filter.
Accounts, Fixed Assets and Names List tab - Updated the Active Status screen to make it easier to activate or inactivate multiple items at the same time.
Accounts > Accounts
- ACH/Direct Deposit tab
- Separated the ACH information from the Direct Deposit information which allows separate descriptions, file prefixes, and file extensions.
Added a File Name (Extension) box to the Direct Deposit Information and ACH Information sections that will default to the file extension of .txt and will allow changes to any value up to 10 characters or as blank. The extension will be added when the ACH/Direct Deposit file is created and will display in this format File Name (Prefix)-Current System Date-Counter.File Name (Extension).
- Detail tab > Detail tab > Positive Pay Detail tab - Added support for positive pay export formats that are tab delimited.
- Receipts > Apply To Open Invoices - The Receipt Amount will now display the (Amount - Total) entered on the Receipts screen if it is greater than zero.
- Billing Statements
- Added a new Billing Stmnt - Plain Paper with Credit Limit and a Plain Paper with Coupon and Credit Limit statement option. These options are very similar to the Plain Paper billing statement, except they also include a Credit Limit amount in the footer of the billing statement.
- Added the following available columns to the billing statements: Due Date, Discount Date, Comments, and Custom 1 - 8
- Payments > Apply To Open Invoices - The Payment Amount will now display the (Amount - Total) entered on the Payments screen if it is greater than zero.
- Vendor Invoices (A/P) - You can now edit an invoice after a Sales Tax account is deleted or combined and it was assigned in File > Preferences > Vendor Invoices > Default Accounts > Sales Tax.
- ACH Files
- Create ACH File - Added a Standard Entry Class filter and column to the grid.
- The Save To Folder & File Name box will now display the file path and name from the Setup > Accounts > Accounts > ACH/Direct Deposit tab ACH Information/Direct Deposit Information sections respectively.
- Banking > Bank Deposits
- The Receipt From date selection is now labeled Receipt Date, defaults to today's date, and is selected like all other dates in CenterPoint.
- List tab - Added the following optional columns to the Add/Remove Column selections: Account Number, Account Name, Account Abbreviation, and Company.
- Positive Pay Issue Files - Files can now be created from payments made from Line of Credit bank accounts.
Added a Set As Default right-click option that will allow you to set the Description to something other than the screen default of "<Bank Deposit Date> Deposit", for example blank.
- Transaction Search (No Payroll) and Reporting Tools > Transaction Search (No Payroll) - When accounting is integrated with Payroll, a new menu selection is now added that will allow you to display all transactions data excluding the Pay Employees entry screen of "Pay Employees. A new security policy for the menu selection was also added.
- If a screen contains a Reports tab and you've defined Favorite reports that are based on the screen you are viewing reports f\or, the Favorites tab will only display the Favorite reports that apply to that screen.
Favorites tab - Added a Properties right-click option that will display the source report and source location of the report that the Favorite report was generated from.
- Finance Charges
- Finance Charge Transactions - Added a new report that lists finance charge transactions by each "Past Due Date" (the finance charges calculated through date). The report also serves as an audit trail for calculated finance charge overrides, and edited and deleted transactions. The report will only display finance charges created after the Fall 2019 CenterPoint release.
Finance Charges Detail - This report displays the detail of how finance charges were calculated for each customer. The report will only display finance charges created after the Fall 2019 CenterPoint release.
- Sales & Accounts Receivable
- Removed the Invoice Number, Accts Rec Balance, and Receipt Number available sort selections from the report which results in the Accounts Receivable Balance for a customer to display correctly when a receipt is entered the same day as an invoice.
Added an optional Company report selection filter to the report.
- Customer Items Sales (Detail)
- Added optional Shipping Method Abbreviation and Shipping Method Name available columns and a Shipping Method report selection filter to the report.
- Cash Flow by Month - Added an optional Include Accounts report selection filter that will allow you to select All Active accounts or accounts With Activity.
Account Balances > Liability and Consolidated Balances- Information on the report will display as one row unless one of the following columns is added to the report: Company Name, Company Abbreviation, Interest Rate, Number of Payments, Start Date, and End Date.
- Purchases & Accounts Payable
- If the report does not include the Notation column, each transaction will now display on the report as one row per transaction.
- Open Invoices - Added an optional Term Discount available column to the report.
System - Fixed issue where Enter would not call certain action buttons, such as the Detail button in Pay Employees > Enter Pay tab." Or something along those lines.
Reporting Tools > Transaction Search (No Payroll) - The security policy for the Transaction Search (No Payroll) will now restrict access, if set, without error.
- Accounts > Accounts > Edit - When a subaccount is changed, you can no longer change the account category to a category different than the parent account.
Names > Names > Email/Print tab > Print Options - The Set As Default selection will now be saved.
User-defined/Tax Reports > Account Assignment tab - Accounts can now be assigned and unassigned successfully during the same session.
- Setup Lists > Names > Names & Custom Fields - When the report is grouped by Last Name and sorted by Custom Field Name, the accurate custom name field for each name will display on the report.
The Fiscal YTD filters will now display correctly based on the Fiscal Year End Month set in File > Preferences > Date Settings.
- Transaction Reports
- General Ledger > Cash Basis General Ledger
- The Run Bal column will now display the correct balance.
The report will no longer display Book Only Accumulated Depreciation Transactions
Financial Statements > Statement of Cash Flows, Flow of Funds, and Cash Flow Detail - Reports will now display correctly when a voided Accounts Payable payment is entered using a different later date than the original transaction date.
Banking > Bank Deposits > Receipts tab > Total Amount Selected - If the total of the selected receipts is negative, the Total Amount Selected box will now display the correct amount.
- Purchases > Vendor Invoices (A/P) - When the Show Other Charges option is selected and consecutive invoices are entered with the same Freight Charge, the Freight Charge will now be saved on all invoices.
- Purchases > Payments - When you right-click in the Account box and select New Fixed Asset, the Add a Fixed Asset Item screen will now display without error.
- Sales > Billing Statements - When in Interactive mode, you can now drill-down on the billing statements.
Periodic > Adjust Current Portion Long Term Debt - Transactions posted from this screen will now post to Cash/Accrual.Depreciation Module
- Setup > Fixed Assets > Fixed Assets > Mass Update > Transfer Assets - The percentage remaining amount for the transferred asset(s) will now be applied to the original Cash Boot amount before being added to the new Company.
Processes > Depreciation
- Asset Entry and Asset Entry Previous Years - The Abbrv Sequence box value will now increment after a fixed asset row is entered and Save is selected.
- Asset Entry - Previous Years
- Schedules tab
- Added an available Investment Tax Credit (ITC) column for ACRS depreciation methods.
- After saving a fixed asset, if SDA or Section 179 are entered on the Schedules tab, Previous Depreciation will be set to zero and the Current Year Depreciation will be recalculated.
- Added a Filter button that can be used to make filter changes without exiting and reopening the Asset Entry - Previous Years screen.
Reports > Reports > Fixed Assets
- Assets In Service - When an asset has multiple trades that continue to depreciate for the Federal Farm schedule, duplicate trade history will no longer be printed and in included in report totals.
- Fixed Asset Acquisitions and Trades - When the report is filtered by the Schedule Type for Federal and State schedules, the Trade Amount will now display correctly.
- Fixed Asset Dispositions - The report will now display the Total Gain for assets acquired by trade only.
File > Preferences > Depreciation > General > Adjust Market Values - Accounts in depreciable account categories will now post changes to market value when transactions entered to the accounts are posted.Accounts Receivable Module
- Customers > Accounting Tab - Added a Add/Remove and Sort Columns right-click option to the Y-T-D Sales and Open Invoices Detail screens. Added the following optional available columns to the Y-T-D Sales and Open Invoices screens: Customer PO Number, Due Date, Discount Date, Memo 1, and Memo 2.
Customers and Vendors - Updated the Active Status screen to make it easier to activate or inactivate multiple items at the same time.
- Items > Filter tab
- The Created By, Date Created, and Date Modified filter can now be added as a Current Filter and applied to the List tab.
- Purchase Information tab - Increased the number of characters that can be entered in the Vendor Part # to 50 characters.
- Sales Taxes - Added the ability to make Sales Taxes inactive.
Forms Designer > Invoice Form Designer - Added a new Taxed (Yes/No) available field to the Field List.
- Processes > Sales > Customer Invoices
- Added a Additional Notes button that will allow you to view or add internal notes about your customers.
- Added the ability to add a New One Time Use customer from the Customer lookup.
- Quick Entry - Added a single tab entry screen that simplifies the invoice entry process.
- Setup Lists > Sales > Sales Taxes and Sales Taxes (Detail) - Added a new Active report selection filter and new Active available column.
- Sales Taxes, Sales Tax Jurisdictions, and Sales Tax Categories > Copy - You can now copy sales taxes, sales tax jurisdictions, and sales tax categories without error.
- Processes > Transaction Search > Customer Invoices > Invoice tab > Amount Received - When editing a customer invoice with a customer deposit applied at invoice entry, CenterPoint will now display the actual amount received (applied).
- Processes > Sales > Customer Invoices - When a customer is selected that has a lot of ship/bill to addresses, the customer information will now display more efficiently.
Setup > Customers and Vendors > Email/Print tab > Print Options - The Set As Default selection will now be saved.Sales Orders
Processes > Sales > Sales Orders
- Quick Entry - Added a single tab entry screen that simplifies the sales order entry process.
- Added the ability to add a New One Time Use customer from the Customer lookup.
- Added an Additional Notes button that will allow you to view or add internal notes about your customers.
Reports > Reports > Transaction Reports > Sales Orders > Sales Order (Summary) - Added optional Memo 1 and Memo 2 available columns to the report.
Processes > Sales > Sales Orders
- When the Substitute button is selected, the screen will now display the correct Quantity Assigned and Quantity Available.
- When a customer is selected that has many ship/bill to addresses, the customer information will now display more efficiently.
- The Quantity Assigned will now display as a positive number when the Quantity Ordered is a positive number.Purchase Orders
Processes > Purchases > Vendor (A/P) - The Freight and Sales Tax from a Recalled AP Invoice created by receiving a purchase order will no longer be included in a new A/P invoice for the same vendor.Tools
- CenterPoint Data Importer - Added a new Accounts import.
Version 14.7 Depreciation Table Update
- Updated Wisconsin state depreciation schedules; set SDA to 0% for assets placed in service after 1/01/2019.
- Updated Federal schedules for luxury car depreciation limits for business vehicles placed in service in 2019 and the lease inclusion amounts for business vehicles first leased in 2019.
- Fixed Assets > Fixed Assets - After a Fixed Asset is created, the New button can be used to create another Fixed Asset without receiving an error. .
- Setup > Accounts > Accounts > Balancestab > Beginning Period - Posting of beginning balances and prior year depreciation asset amounts will now display in the Modified Cash column.
- CenterPoint was updated to a newer version of .Net framework.
- Help > Online Support Services > Launch CenterPoint Support Services - Removed the Launch Support Services menu and added a new Ask Support a Question menu selection.
- Updated the US Zip Codes and Canadian Postal Codes that were current as of December 2018.
- Changed the Enhanced A/R and Enhanced Inventory module names to Advanced A/R and Advanced Inventory respectively.
- Backup Database or Restore Database - If the connection to the SQL Server/Database cannot be established, a message will now display with a link to a document with common causes and steps to resolve the issue.
- Names > Names, Customers, or Vendors - Increased the efficiency of advancing through Names, Customers, or Vendors when using the VCR buttons.
- Banking > Bank Reconciliation > Reconcile tab > Check and Payments grid - When clearing payments, ACH payment batches will now display grouped as one amount and will not display the individual checks that were included in each batch.
- Transactions - Improve the way payment of existing AP Invoices with a credit card is reflected on cash reports.
- Transaction Reports > Receipts > Receipts by Payment Type - Added a Payment Type filter to the report.
- Names > Names, Customers, or Vendors - Credit card types can now be created and saved on-the-fly without error.
- User-defined/Tax Reports > 1099 forms > Register with Aatrix > Online - You can now successfully register Aatrix without error.
- Fixed Assets > Fixed Assets - After a Fixed Asset is created, the New button can be used to create another Fixed Asset without receiving an error.
- Reports > Reports
- When a report has a hyperlink for editing a maintenance item, you can now drill-down without error.
- When printing a single page in a multi-page report a blank page will no longer print after the single page of the report.
- Sales/Revenues > Receipts - When a batch is posted, the receipt will now print on the form selected in File > Preferences > Printing > Receipts.
- Periodic > Adjust Current Portion Long Term Debt - When dividing a loan payment among multiple companies and creating a new current portion of long term debt transaction, each company will now have the accurate amount for the current portion amount.
- Transaction Entry - When an account is selected that has an account distribution assigned and an amount is entered is changed to a different account that has a different distribution assignment, the first account distribution assignment will no longer be retained.
- Purchases > Print/Email Checks, Sales > Print/Email Invoices, and Sales > Print/Email Receipts - When a saved date filter is set to Today, it will always show the current system date.
- Banking > Positive Pay Issue Files - When a payment is entered into a batch and the batch is posted, it will no longer be doubled in the positive pay file or on the Positive Pay Details reportDepreciation Module
- Processes > Depreciation > Asset Entry Previous Years > Import Assets - The imported asset's Service Date will now be used to determine which Depreciation Method to map to in CenterPoint, which will eliminate validation errors when attempting to match Service Date/Depreciation Method during the import process.Advanced A/R Module
- Setup > Sales > Items > Close or Save - Improved the efficiency of saving an item when selecting Save or Close.
- Reports > Reports > Transaction Reports > Sales & Accounts Receivable > Sales Tax > Sales Tax Jurisdiction (Detail) - The Sales Tax Jurisdiction filter will now filter the report by the sales tax jurisdiction specified.
- Setup > Sales > Items > Additional Description - When an additional description is removed from an item, the description will no longer continue to display when the item is edited.Assemblies Module
- Setup > Inventory > Production Runs - When editing a production run, improved the efficiency and enhanced the speed of displaying the assemblies.Red Wing Cloud Services
When you update to a new major version of CenterPoint, it will now be registered automatically without user intervention.