What's New in CenterPoint Depreciation
*Incremental version that is available on demand. Call Red Wing Software Technical Support to request this update.
- Preferences > Depreciation > General > Adjust Market Values – Fair Market Value will now always be adjusted for non-item accounts in a Depreciable account category regardless of the setting in this preference. Fair Market Value will be adjusted for any account (or item) in an Accumulated Depreciation account category only when the setting is Yes.
- Setup > Fixed Assets > Fixed Assets > Mass Update > Transfer Assets - The percentage remaining amount for the transferred asset(s) will now be applied to the original Cash Boot amount before being added to the new Company.
Processes > Depreciation
- Asset Entry and Asset Entry Previous Years - The Abbrv Sequence box value will now increment after a fixed asset row is entered and Save is selected.
- Asset Entry - Previous Years
- Schedules tab
- Added an available Investment Tax Credit (ITC) column for ACRS depreciation methods.
- After saving a fixed asset, if SDA or Section 179 are entered on the Schedules tab, Previous Depreciation will be set to zero and the Current Year Depreciation will be recalculated.
- Added a Filter button that can be used to make filter changes without exiting and reopening the Asset Entry - Previous Years screen.
Reports > Reports > Fixed Assets
- Assets In Service - When an asset has multiple trades that continue to depreciate for the Federal Farm schedule, duplicate trade history will no longer be printed and in included in report totals.
- Fixed Asset Acquisitions and Trades - When the report is filtered by the Schedule Type for Federal and State schedules, the Trade Amount will now display correctly.
- Fixed Asset Dispositions - The report will now display the Total Gain for assets acquired by trade only.
- File > Preferences > Depreciation > General > Adjust Market Values - Accounts in depreciable account categories will now post changes to market value when transactions entered to the accounts are posted.
Version 14.7 Depreciation Table Update
- Updated Wisconsin state depreciation schedules; set SDA to 0% for assets placed in service after 1/01/2019.
- Updated Federal schedules for luxury car depreciation limits for business vehicles placed in service in 2019 and the lease inclusion amounts for business vehicles first leased in 2019.
- Fixed Assets > Fixed Assets - After a Fixed Asset is created, the New button can be used to create another Fixed Asset without receiving an error. .
- CenterPoint was updated to a newer version of .Net framework.
- Help > Online Support Services > Launch CenterPoint Support Services - Removed the Launch Support Services menu and added a new Ask Support a Question menu selection.
- Updated the US Zip Codes and Canadian Postal Codes that were current as of December 2018.
- Changed the Enhanced A/R and Enhanced Inventory module names to Advanced A/R and Advanced Inventory respectively.
- Backup Database or Restore Database - If the connection to the SQL Server/Database cannot be established, a message will now display with a link to a document with common causes and steps to resolve the issue.
- Names > Names - Increased the efficiency of advancing through Names, Customers, or Vendors when using the VCR buttons.
- Depreciation > Asset Entry Previous Years > Import Assets - The imported asset's Service Date will now be used to determine which Depreciation Method to map to in CenterPoint, which will eliminate validation errors when attempting to match Service Date/Depreciation Method during the import process.
- Reports > Reports
- When a report has a hyperlink for editing a maintenance item, you can now drill-down without error.
- When printing a single page in a multi-page report a blank page will no longer print after the single page of the report.Red Wing Cloud Services
When you update to a new major version of CenterPoint, it will now be registered automatically without user intervention.