What's New in CenterPoint Depreciation
*Incremental version that is available on demand. Call Red Wing Software Technical Support to request this update.
- Setup > Fixed Assets > Fixed Assets > Mass Update > Transfer Assets - The percentage remaining amount for the transferred asset(s) will now be applied to the original Cash Boot amount before being added to the new Company.
Processes > Depreciation
- Asset Entry and Asset Entry Previous Years - The Abbrv Sequence box value will now increment after a fixed asset row is entered and Save is selected.
- Asset Entry - Previous Years
- Schedules tab
- Added an available Investment Tax Credit (ITC) column for ACRS depreciation methods.
- After saving a fixed asset, if SDA or Section 179 are entered on the Schedules tab, Previous Depreciation will be set to zero and the Current Year Depreciation will be recalculated.
- Added a Filter button that can be used to make filter changes without exiting and reopening the Asset Entry - Previous Years screen.
Reports > Reports > Fixed Assets
- Assets In Service - When an asset has multiple trades that continue to depreciate for the Federal Farm schedule, duplicate trade history will no longer be printed and in included in report totals.
- Fixed Asset Acquisitions and Trades - When the report is filtered by the Schedule Type for Federal and State schedules, the Trade Amount will now display correctly.
- Fixed Asset Dispositions - The report will now display the Total Gain for assets acquired by trade only.
- File > Preferences > Depreciation > General > Adjust Market Values - Accounts in depreciable account categories will now post changes to market value when transactions entered to the accounts are posted.
Version 14.7 Depreciation Table Update
- Updated Wisconsin state depreciation schedules; set SDA to 0% for assets placed in service after 1/01/2019.
- Updated Federal schedules for luxury car depreciation limits for business vehicles placed in service in 2019 and the lease inclusion amounts for business vehicles first leased in 2019.
- Fixed Assets > Fixed Assets - After a Fixed Asset is created, the New button can be used to create another Fixed Asset without receiving an error. .
- CenterPoint was updated to a newer version of .Net framework.
- Help > Online Support Services > Launch CenterPoint Support Services - Removed the Launch Support Services menu and added a new Ask Support a Question menu selection.
- Updated the US Zip Codes and Canadian Postal Codes that were current as of December 2018.
- Changed the Enhanced A/R and Enhanced Inventory module names to Advanced A/R and Advanced Inventory respectively.
- Backup Database or Restore Database - If the connection to the SQL Server/Database cannot be established, a message will now display with a link to a document with common causes and steps to resolve the issue.
- Names > Names - Increased the efficiency of advancing through Names, Customers, or Vendors when using the VCR buttons.
- Depreciation > Asset Entry Previous Years > Import Assets - The imported asset's Service Date will now be used to determine which Depreciation Method to map to in CenterPoint, which will eliminate validation errors when attempting to match Service Date/Depreciation Method during the import process.
- Reports > Reports
- When a report has a hyperlink for editing a maintenance item, you can now drill-down without error.
- When printing a single page in a multi-page report a blank page will no longer print after the single page of the report.Red Wing Cloud Services
When you update to a new major version of CenterPoint, it will now be registered automatically without user intervention.