CenterPoint Accounting for Agriculture is rich with features that can help you and your operation. In this post we have uncovered some ‘hidden gems’, features within CenterPoint Accounting for Agriculture that you may not currently be using, but that can help you and your business. These are features that our customers and the Red Wing Software support team have described as valuable, yet you may not be aware they are available. They are actually not at all hidden, but readily available within the program for you to use!
- Split Expenses CenterPoint allows you the option of splitting expenses by enterprise and expense. You can set up expenses to be split by a percentage to the office, a percentage to the farm, etc. This is a huge time saver and helps you distribute expenses accurately.
- Ratio Analysis Bankers have been using ratio analysis for years, and now you can use the same technology to analyze how your farm is doing, and compare to how other farmers are doing. CenterPoint makes it easy to generate this type of information and use it to improve your operation. (The Ratio Analysis module is available for purchase as an additional option for CenterPoint Accounting for Agriculture.)
- Customizable Transaction Entry Make transaction entry much easier by only stopping on fields where you enter data often. CenterPoint also allows you to add, remove and sort columns on the transaction entry screen for quicker and easier entry.
- Reminders Set up reminders in CenterPoint Accounting to help keep you organized and on time! Reminders can be set up as “Conditional Balance Reminders” that tell you when you checking balance goes below a certain number, ”Payable Reminders” that remind you to pay your accounts payable invoices, “Scheduled Reminders” that let you setup any kind of a reminder for a certain day to pay rent, maintain your equipment, and more.
- Amortization Schedule Use the CenterPoint Amortization Schedule to calculate interest and principal amounts when planning for loans.
- “What-If” Scenarios Gain control of your finances by creating “what-if” scenarios in CenterPoint Accounting for Agriculture. This powerful feature allows you to project future sales, cash flow, income statements, assets and liabilities. You can compare “what-if” budgets with actual and projected figures for years into the future. Once you start tracking this information consistently, your farm operation will begin to operate more smoothly and profitably.
- Customizable reports You have the ability to pull out the information you need, whether requested by auditors, management, or others. CenterPoint makes it easy with the ability to modify reports, or even create a custom report from scratch. No need to be a programmer; the custom report tools are built for all users!
Wondering how to get started using these hidden gems? Call today and we will be happy to help you! 800-732-9464.