No matter whether you are using payroll software or a payroll service for your business, you are surely using a payroll program to enter and track employee information, hours worked, and all the associated necessary information to pay employees.
A basic payroll program may meet most of your needs at the start, but as time goes on and you grow, there will be areas that need to change along with your business. As a business changes and continues to drive for more efficiency and cost reduction, there are a number of areas to consider in your payroll program to make improvements. Consider payroll features that can decrease staff resources and reduce the costs of paper, printing, check stock, envelopes and postage.
Payroll program capabilities that the help improve efficiency and reduce costs:
Direct Deposit Payment
Transfer pay electronically to employee bank accounts, rather than issuing printed checks.
Publish Pay Advices
Distribute direct deposit pay advices electronically, rather than printing on paper and handing them out.
Electronic/e-Filing of State and Federal Reports
File tax forms and reports electronically via the internet instead of purchasing all the associated materials, printing and sending them.
Time Clock/Time Capture Device Import
Import employee time from a time clock/time capture device electronically, rather than entering the information by hand.
Leave Calculation and Reporting
Maintain accrual, payment and reporting of vacation, sick leave, and PTO with the ability to print accrued, used and remaining on employee pay stubs.
Local Tax Tracking
Set up and track local taxes or tax groups, rather than keeping track of that often complex information in a spreadsheet.
Multiple State Tax Tracking
Track and pay taxes in multiple states, and track tax requirements for mobile employees working in multiple states.
Track benefits such as 401K, cafeteria plan, and other benefits/deductions and employer matches within your payroll program rather than using an external spreadsheet.
Wage garnishment can be complex, depending on many factors. Track and pay complex wage garnishments in your payroll system. If your program cannot do it, you will need to manually calculate every payday and enter it into the system.
Many businesses that are outgrowing their payroll program or seeking time and cost-savings contact Red Wing Software, seeking a better way to handle their growing payroll needs. CenterPoint Payroll Software is an in-house payroll software program that can accommodate all of these functions and many more.
Red Wing Software customers have been experiencing the benefits of electronic tax filing (“eFiling”) for many years. eFiling can be done seamlessly using Red Wing Software Payroll Software. Customers simply begin the process within the software, and complete the service via Aatrix, Red Wing Software’s eFiling partner.
Through a recent survey, Aatrix gathered some comments from Red Wing Software eFiling customers.
- “Aatrix makes it so easy and affordable that I don't even consider doing it myself.”
- “Very efficient. I like the way you can confirm that each report has been sent.”
- “Wish we had utilized the service sooner!”
- “Since using Aatrix, I have not had any issues with any reporting agencies in payroll as it is very accurate.”
- “The customer service team could not have been more helpful and endlessly patient!”
- “Most definitely makes year-end much easier to accomplish. Cost-effective, easy to understand and helpful support staff - can't ask for more.”
- “Well worth the money!Tax filing doesn't make my head hurt any longer!”
- “I file for only about 15-20 employees annually. Aatrix eFiling has made my life easier - what took days now takes an hour! Will always use it.”
- “Aatrix is easy to use and accurate.I have complete trust that Aatrix is correct and that it will be filed correctly and on time.If you are like me and at the last minute getting the reports finished and filed, Aatrix is the saving grace.I have absolute confidence in this company, which is saying something in this day and age.Fantastic job Aatrix and thank you for being there!”
For more information about electronic tax filing, please call 800-732-9464!
Here are the results of a survey conducted by Aatrix, the company that handles eFiling for Red Wing Software payroll systems.
Check out this blog post that lists seven common payroll mistakes.
Seven Common Payroll Mistakes