What's New in CenterPoint Fund Accounting
*Incremental version that is available on demand. Call Red Wing Software Technical Support to request this update.
Version 15.5*General Accounting
- Financial Analysis > Edit > Refresh Data –Calculated Total columns will not be zeroed when data is refreshed.
- View > Hide Zero Rows – When zero rows are hidden, all columns will now display on the Balance Sheet and Income Statement.
- File > Print – When a financial analysis or a budget is printed, the worksheet that the print was initiated from will be the only tab printed.Advanced A/R Module
- Processes > Sales > Customer Invoices – Early payment discounts will now calculate on the invoice amount after trade discounts are applied.
Version 15.4*General Accounting
Processes > Payments > Pay Invoices Due – In unique circumstances, some users will no longer receive an error opening pay invoices due when a discount date cannot be determined from an original invoice transaction.
- Reporting Tools or Setup > Budgets – Budgets that include consecutive accounts with the same name can now be opened successfully.
Reporting Tools > Financial Analysis > File > Export – A financial analysis can now be exported successfully more than once.
Version 15.3*General Accounting
- Database updates – If you have used a bank account on a bank deposit and then combined that account with another prior to version 15, you will no longer receive an error updating the database.
Version 15.2*General Accounting
- Budgets - All budget period columns representing a single period are now editable.
Version 15.1*General Accounting
Transaction Search - The Edit button will now be enabled when a transaction is selected from your search results. Note: Edits can still be performed by double-clicking or right clicking on the transaction from your search results.
Version 15.0General Accounting
- Updated technology used to display spreadsheets. This updated the look and feel of transaction search, budgets, financial analysis, schedule of payments and the amortization schedule.
- Preferences > Printing > Bank Deposit Slips - Added a new Select Form Type and Number of Copies boxes. The Form Type box allows you to select a new Plain Paper bank deposit slip option.
- Funds > Account List tab - Added a new Account List tab that allows you to quickly deactivate postable accounts for a fund. All active accounts display on the right side of the screen. To deactivate account(s), select the account(s) from the right side of the screen and move to the left side of the screen. When you activate/deactivate accounts from the Account List tab, they will also be changed in Setup > Accounts > Accounts accordingly and vice versa.
- General > Canadian Postal Codes - Removed the Canadian Postal Codes menu item.
- Names > Names - Documents can now be attached to customer, vendor, and name records by scanning, dragging and dropping existing files from your computer, or by selecting an existing file from your computer.
- Accounts > Accounts - When an existing account is edited, the Account Type will no longer be able to be changed.
- Purchases > Payments - If a vendor is set with an ACH Transaction Code of Prenote Checking (23), Prenote Savings (33), or Loan Prenote (53) and a payment is entered for the vendor, a message will display informing you that the print settings will be changed to Do Not Print.
- Receipts - Receipts that created Customer Deposits that have already been applied to invoices or sales orders can no longer be edited or deleted.
- Billing Statements - Removed the dollar sign from the Credit column of the Plain Paper and Plain Paper with Credit Limit billing statements.
- Transaction Search > Filters tab > More Items - Changed the name of the Transaction Amount filter to Transaction Journal Amount and added a new Total Bank Amount filter.
- Added a Next Week option to the Date Range report selection filters.
- Database Favorites tab - Added the ability to Export/Import all database favorites into/from one DatabaseFavorites.cpfavs file. When database favorites are imported, all existing database favorites are overwritten.
- Batch Reports - When reports are printed from a batch folder for a fund with a Fiscal Year YTD date range filter and the batch date is changed to a prior calendar year, the period dates for the reports will now display correctly.
- Transaction Reports > Sales & Accounts Receivable > Customer Aging - Optimized the efficiency of the report so in specific circumstances the report would run successfully without error.
- Interfund Payroll > Interfund Payroll Payables - The Beginning Balance will now display on the report. Added a new Due From Account report selection filter.
- Reporting Tools
- Dashboards > Add/Remove Tiles > Delete - Added the ability to delete a custom dashboard tile and also remove it from the list of dashboard tiles on the Add/Remove Tiles screen.
- File > Import Data > Prepare Excel Spreadsheet - Increased the number of columns that can be imported from a budget at one time.
- Sales > Receipts > Apply to Open Invoices button > Apply Receipt to Open Invoices - When there is a negative line on an invoice, the Discount Available will now calculate the same amount on the Apply Receipt to Open Invoices screen as on the invoice.
- Banking > Bank Deposits
- The Bank Deposit screen will now open without displaying an error after combining two accounts in Setup > Accounts > Accounts.
- When a Cash Back Amount is entered on the Summary tab, a bank deposit can now be printed without displaying an error.
- Setup > Accounts > Accounts > Balances tab
- Reposting balances for one fund will no longer affect the balance of other fundsin the database.
- Reports > Reports > Transaction Reports > Purchases & Accounts Payable > Vendor Aging - Zero balance invoices will no longer display on the report when the report is filtered for one Account.
- Transactions - Corrected issue that prevented some columns from being available on certain transaction screens in specific instances.
Advanced A/R Module
- Customers and Vendors - Documents can now be attached to customer, vendor, and name records by scanning, dragging and dropping existing files from your computer, or by selecting an existing file from your computer.
- Sales > Sales Tax Jurisdictions
- Copy button - When an existing Sales Tax Jurisdiction is copied to a new Sales Tax Jurisdiction, the new record will now have the same Sales Tax Categories selected as the existing record.
- Removed the Add Sales Tax button. When a new sales tax jurisdiction is saved, a new "Do you want to add a new sales tax for this sales tax jurisdiction?" message displays which replaces the functionality of the Add Sales Tax button that was removed.
- Setup > Forms Designers > Invoice Form Designer - Added Custom Fields from the Setup > Sales > Items > Other Information tab to the available Fields List labeled as Item Custom 1 - 5.
- Reports > Reports
- Transaction Reports >
- Sales Tax > Sales Tax (Detail) - Added the following available optional columns to the report: Customer (Last, First), Customer (First, Last), and Customer Abbreviation. Also added an optional Customer report selection filter to the report.
- Sales & Accounts Receivable
- Salesperson Item Sales (Detail) and Item Sales (Detail) - Added Memo Line 1 & 2 and Item Custom fields 1-5 as available columns to the reports.
- Customer Ranking - Added the following optional columns to the report; Customer Name (Last, First), Address Line 1, Address Line 2, Address Line 3, City, State, and Zip.
- Setup Lists
- Customers > Customers by Salesperson - Added the following option columns to the report; Address Line 1, Address Line 2, Address Line 3, City, State, and Zip.
- Processes > Sales
- Customer Invoices or Sales Orders > Lotted/Serialized Item - The number of decimal places set in File > Preferences> General > Cost and Price Decimal Settings for cost and price will now be used to determine the number of decimal places.
- Setup > Sales > Items - When the abbreviation on an inventory item is changed, the new abbreviation will be now be used on all transaction screens.
- Receive Purchase Orders > Total Amount - When receiving lotted/serialized inventory on the Lotted/Serialized Items screen, the Total Amount will now be updated as soon as the screen is closed.
- Purchases > Purchase Orders > Order tab > Prepayment Amount Applied - The Prepayment Amount Applied will no longer be zeroed when the check box is selected, the amount is greater than 0, and you switch to another screen and back to the Order tab